The Land Use Committee considers any matter that is connected to the use of private and public land within the Neighborhood Council boundaries, and the laws, ordinances, and regulations that affect these matters. This includes:
(1) planning and zoning matters, including the discretionary entitlements that developers request for their projects, along with building and safety matters, rent stabilization, and nuisance abatement,
(2) transportation and mobility issues, including public streets, public transit, and all forms of private mobility from cars to bicycles to walking,
(3) public infrastructure and the systems that support it, including water and power service, telecommunications, and air pollution control,
(4) public parks, along with public libraries, fire stations, offices, and utility yards,
(5) public art, sign control, and community aesthetics,
(6) the environmentally aware and sustainable use of land, water, and energy, and
(7) the protection and enhancement of the community's natural resources, including land, water, and the live ecosystem of vegetation, animals, insects and other life forms.
The Land Use Committee meets on the fourth Monday of the month at 7:00 pm at the Liz Galan Community Room at Plaza Del Valle, 8600 Van Nuys Boulevard, Panorama City, CA 91402. The Community Room is behind and east of the central children's play area. There is ample free parking in the shopping center parking lot.
The Land Use conducts its business by reviewing and prioritizing agenda requests for Board action (generally either in the form of a motion or letter) or announcements submitted by stakeholders, governmental entities and other interested individuals and organizations. The Administrative Committee has the discretion to postpone an request, refer it to a specific committee for review and recommendation, treat it as an announcement or consider and resolve it as a non-Board administrative matter.
CLICK HERE to fill out an Agenda Request.